Member of the month – Grahame Turk
Congratulations to the Chairman of the Sydney Fish Market, Grahame Turk AM. Grahame was honoured on Australia Day as a Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia (AM).
Grahame’s honour was bestowed in recognition for significant service to the fisheries and seafood industry through leadership roles, to the development and sustainability of the sector and with notable achievements including leading an industry consortium into the privatisation of the Fish Market.
His services to the industry over many years have included:
- Chairman, Sydney Fish Market current
- Managing Director 2000-2012
- Chief Executive Officer 1999-2000
- Founding Chairman 1994-1999
- Chair, National Seafood Industry Alliance
- Director, National Aquaculture Council
- Ministerial Appointment, Primary Industries Ministerial Advisory Council
- Chair, NSW Seafood Industry Council
- Spokesman, Small Pelagic Fishery Association